Steve Bann is a partner in Bann Lynch McDade which operates at at Yarra Bend Golf in Melbourne, Australia. He is known as one of the most successful golf coaches in the world whose accolades include:
– 2006 Victorian PGA coach of the year,
– 2007 Golf Digest coach of the year,
– 2010 Australian PGA coach of the year,
– being nominated to the World Golf Hall of Fame by Australian PGA in 2011,
– being ranked 12th most influential person in Australian golf from the past 40 Years by Australian Golf Digest.
He turned professional in 1979, and between 1981 and 1996 he played on the Australian PGA Tour. In 1990 he became the founding Head Coach of the Victorian Institute of Sport. During the years of his teaching, Bann has coached at more than 40 majors including 19 US Masters and 6 Presidents Cups and he has given lessons to many famous players such as Ian Baker Finch, Mark O’Meara, Wayne Grady, Greg Norman, Vijay Singh and Adam Scott.